“Planet Earth Needs Our Help” endorses The Earth Charter
“The importance of creating a sustainable world.”
“To establish a sound ethical foundation for the emerging global society”
The Earth Charter – 8 Principles: “Planet Earth Needs Our Help” embraces these principles.
- Life – Respecting and caring for all living things.
- Interconnected – Everything is connected to everything else.
- Family – Making sure everyone in human family is well treated.
- Past – Learn from people who have lived before you.
- Earth – Promise to take care of this earth.
- Peace – Live in peace – resolve conflicts in a non-violent way.
- Love – Truthful, kind, build trust.
- Future – Do what you can now to ensure that those in the future can live together in health, peace and harmony.
“To help make our earth a healthy, harmonious and peaceful home for everyone in the future”
The Earth Charter Initiative: A guide for using the Earth Charter in Education
(III-Themes & IV Education Goals)
Earth Charter/AroundTheWorld: https://earthcharter.org/
“Planet Earth Needs Our Help” and the United Nations Sustainable development Goals:
The “Planet Earth Needs Our Help” project links to the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. This project can be used as an educational resource & springboard to help raise awareness of & promote; some of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
UN Goal – 1 – No poverty-free access to Education Resources
UN Goal – 3 – Good Health & wellbeing (Communication/CBT & Assertiveness skills)
UN Goal – 4 – Quality Education
UN Goal – 7 – Promotes affordable & clean energy
UN Goal – 11 – Promoting sustainable cities & communities.
UN Goal – 13- Climate Action
UN Goal – 14- Life below water
UN Goal – 15- Life on land
UN Goal – 17- Partnerships for the goals.
354 total views, 1 views today