S.O.S – “Planet Earth Needs Your Help”
An urgent call to all Primary Schools in
Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
Earth Day 2021
“ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER”
“Planet Earth Needs Our Help” invites your School Eco Team (plus family & friends) in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole to take part in its local Earth Day 21 Event: a creative exhibition in November (Actions Speak Louder), coinciding with the COP26 Climate Summit.
Where: The Gallery Upstairs (above the Tearooms) – Upton Country Park, Poole BH17 7BJ
When: Friday 26 – Monday 29 November 2021
For more information and to register your interest in taking part please contact us:
Do you live in Bournemouth Christchurch or Poole?
Do you, or a member of your family, go to a Primary School in Bournemouth, Christchurch, or Poole?
Would you and your school be interested in taking part in an art exhibition at The Gallery Upstairs (Upton Country Park-Poole) in November 2021?
Yes? Great! Here’s what you need to do…
Find a responsible adult/teacher to help: register interest, fill in a submission form, find information and resources, keep safe, give their permission…..
- Imagine you are an Eco first aider from another planet. You respond to the SOS call from planet earth. For details download the PDF.
- Over the summer holidays, with help from family and friends, research the problems facing Planet Earth.
- Take your results, suggested solutions, artwork, sketches, and poster designs to school in September. Work together and have fun creating posters to submit to the SOS Exhibition in November, when COP 26 happens.
- Create as many posters as you want to show helpful actions that can be taken to keep planet earth and its inhabitants safe and well in this climate emergency. Choose a couple of your best ones that give a clear, fun and creative message.
- Submit these by 31 October 21.
- Poster format: A4, A3, A2 on mount board, cardboard or canvas.
- Posters should be art-based, visual, vibrant and positive. They can be images only, words only, or words & images.
- Posters should offer creative solutions, and actions that can be taken now and in the future. These solutions can also help to manage the impact and anxieties around climate change.
- Messages will be shared with family, friends, local community and leaders. They should inspire local people to take urgent actions, to change perceptions, behaviours, improve lifestyle and well-being. The focus should be on caring for ourselves whilst caring for our planet.
- The posters must be submitted by 31st October 21, to be considered for inclusion in the “Actions Speak Louder Exhibition” at Upton Country Park between November 26 and 29.
- A small selection panel will choose posters for the exhibition itself. Any posters not selected for the exhibition can still be showcased on your School website, with a link to my PE Earthday21 Event website.
- There will be a private view on the Saturday 27th November, with an opportunity for those chosen to attend(COVID permitting), to read out any poems, short stories, articles they have written to accompany their posters and their journey as ECO first aiders.
- A special YouTube Video is planned, after the exhibition, to promote the best work, and to maintain the momentum beyond COP26.
- The “Planet Earth Needs Our Help” website will share your school’s website link on its Earth Day 21 gallery (linked to national and global Earth Day 21 Events) and with its wider network of contacts.
This local Earth Day event ends with the exhibition in November at the time of the Cop26 Climate Change Summit, but “turning ideas into actions” will continue!
I hope you will take part and enjoy the challenge! Explore, discover, learn and have fun!
Thank you for being a friend of Planet Earth.
121 total views, 1 views today